Degree Type:Bachelor of Science
Department:Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
Modes of Study:Regular
In our rapidly changing world today, requisite (albeit real time) information is key in critical decision making in all sectors of society. Our programme will prepare students to meet the IT needs of business, government, healthcare, educational institutions, and other kinds of organisations.
Graduate of the programme can find job as:
- Applications developer
- Database administrator
- Games developer
- Geographical information systems officer
- Information systems manager
- IT consultant
- IT sales professional
- IT technical support officer
- Multimedia programmer
- Multimedia specialist
- Network engineer
- Systems analyst
- Systems developer
Information is central to our lives especially in our contemporary world, as advances in technology have made it most accessible and available in various forms and through various media. Its acquisition, design, manipulation, retrieval, transmission, storage, management and preservation have therefore been given maximum attention by governments, organisations, and centres of authority. Our B.Sc Information Technology programme introduces students to the complex world of information management using modern technological methods and techniques. It combines a wide range of courses that are interdisciplinary, critical, deeply thought provoking, and unleashes the creativity of students.
Aims And Objectives
- To train students in information management using modern technology, instilling in them the capacity to apply it to solving problems and improving the activities of organisation and institutions.
- To prepare students for advanced studies in Information Technology and/oe it's related field.
- To produce experts in IT who will be charged with the responsibility for selecting hardware and software products appropriate for an organisation, integrating those products with organisational needs and infrastructure.
Post-Senior Secondary School Candidates
The entry requirements are the same as for the School of Physical Sciences.
However, In the case of INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY:
(i) Candidates must have passes in Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science.
(ii) In addition to the above, candidates must have obtained aggregate 10 or better in Elective Mathematics and any other two (2) elective subjects with grades not lower than D.